1. The selection is made strictly as per merit on the basis of Computer Based Test (CBT) as per recruitment process notified in the Centralised Employment Notice. In addition, Skill Test viz. Aptitude Test, Typing Test, Stenography Test, Translation Test etc. may also be conducted wherever applicable and weightage/qualifying aspect of skill test is considered for drawing of merit list. Short listed candidates are called for verification of the original documents, genuineness and medical examination in the requisite medical standard according to merit, availability of vacancies and reservation rules.
2. There shall be negative marking in CBTs and marks are deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the allotted marks for each question.
3. The syllabus for the CBT are generally in conformity with the educational standards and /or technical qualifications prescribed for the posts. The Questions are of objective type with multiple answers and likely to include questions pertaining to General Knowledge, General English/General Hindi, General Arithmatic, Analytical and Quantitative Skills and those subjects covered as part of minimum educational/technical qualifications for the post. The duration of the test varies according to examination group.
4. The Railway Recruitment Board, at its discretion may hold additional test(s), if considered necessary.
5. The date, time and venue of the tests are fixed by the RRBs and are intimated to the eligible candidates in due course through registered email IDs of the candidates and SMS is also sent to the registered mobile numbers. The schedule of the test is published appropriately in the website of RRB, Bhubaneswar i.e. www.rrbbbs.gov.in. Request for postponement of the test or change of venue is not entertained under any circumstance.
6. Stages of test are published in the Centralised Employment Notice against each post. Based on the performance in the test, the candidates equal to the number of vacancies are called for document verification in the main list. In addition 50% extra candidates are also called for document verification as standby candidates and they are considered for empanelment only if there is shortfall in empanelment. During document verification, the candidates will have to produce their original certificates/documents. No additional time is given and the candidature of the candidates not producing their original certificates on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited.
7. The empanelment of candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Test conducted by the RRB, verification of original certificates/documents and genuineness of candidature. The function of RRB, Bhubaneswar is to empanel the suitable candidates and send the panel to the Principal Chief Personnel Officer, East Coast Railway, Bhubaneswar – 751 023, Odisha.
8. Post-empanelment, intimation is sent to the empanelled candidates in their registered email IDs and list of the empanelled candidates is published in the website of RRB, Bhubaneswar.